Impossible to lift, sagging and cracking, and generally falling apart – these are just some of the common signs that will tell you it’s time to replace your garage door with a new one. However, there are a few people who, in spite of the absence of any of these, still go for a replacement door. Why they do so? Here are the top 5 reasons why garage door should be replaced.
1. Increase the value and improve the appearance of your home. Have you ever noticed that the garage door represents ¼ to 1/3 of the front of your home? If you have, then you will know exactly what a new stylish and maintenance-free door can do for the value of your home. Believe it or not, even real estate agents will confirm that when you decide to sell your home in the future, it will be easier to do so if its garage door looks good. Moreover, a new garage door also improves the overall appearance of your home. Simply choose from a wide variety of garage door colours, styles, and windows to match the look of your home and voila – your home will look even better in no time.
2. Increase your garage’s uses. Although some homeowners use their garage solely for parking their vehicles, there are many who decide to utilize it beyond such purpose. That’s why they use an insulated garage door between R-12 & R-18 to make it a more conducive place to work in. With such condition, the garage can now be used as art studio, workshop, playroom, special party room, heated storage room, and even a music room.
3. Provide added protection to the items stored in the garage. Extreme heat and cold can damage the items stored in your garage. To prevent this from happening, you need to replace your old garage door with an insulated one. This often comes with a thermo barrier, preventing cold or heat from traveling from the outside to the inside surface. Combine this with a double fin rubber seal, bottom rubber weather strip, and PVC weather strip and you’ve got one of the tightest sealing garage doors ever. But aside from elements, a metal insulated door also protects your stored items from thieves who are attempting to break in. Unlike wooden or metal non-insulated door, the metal insulated one is more difficult to drill and kick in.
4. Prevent easy access to your home. Even if you have the toughest front door installed, but your garage door is just the ordinary type, chances are your home can still be easily accessed. So to prevent this from happening, have a garage door opener that features rolling code technology. This makes it really difficult for anyone to enter through the door as the opener uses one of 100-billion new codes every time the door is opened.
5. Reduce the risk of injury. If you’re still using your old garage openers, perhaps you’ll consider replacing them with the ones equipped with photo electric eyes. These are now mandatory since they sense when something is passing through the opening or is in the way when the door is coming down, preventing an injury.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2989754