Quite often we forget to take good care of one of the most important parts of our homes which is – our garage door. These days many families use the garage door as the main entrance, which makes it more important to maintain the door and its functioning. Taking this for granted can put you at risk of:
- Facing a sudden breakdown of the door
- Inconvenience caused due to its improper functioning
- You or your kids getting hurt due to any accident because of any issue with the door
- Unpleasant and irksome noises from the door while you close or open it
- Increased probability of having a major fault in the door later
- Ending up spending a huge amount on the door repairs due to lack of maintenance
Maintaining the garage opener is not a difficult task if you keep a few things in mind and maintain it on a regular basis. You must consider maintaining the garage door as a part of your home maintenance activity. Following are some tips that will help you to maintain your door:
1) Clean the door regularly: It is important to clean the door once in a while and make sure that there is no dust and other deposits and ensure that the door is properly weather stripped.
2) Oiling the garage door and its parts: It is wise to oil your doors, the springs, the opener and some other parts twice or thrice a year. This will help to avoid any noises from the door. Stripped gears, noisy hinges, is a common problem due to which there are squeaky noises and which also obstruct the opening and closing of the door. Lubricating the door and its parts can help you to avoid such issues.
3) Get your garage door inspected once in a while: It is recommended to inspect garage openers and to do that you can hire professional services. A professional can accurately investigate the door and its minute details and can let you know if there is some problem with any of its parts.
4) Make sure to have a pest control if required: Termites and ants can damage the garage walls. Look out for sawdust or chewed wood and if you find any immediately call pest control experts and get rid of it.
It is not time consuming to maintain your garage door. You just need to check it regularly and if at any point of time you discover that it needs to get repaired or services do not compromise on quality of the services.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8683074