This video will show you how to check the balance of your garage door. A balanced garage door is an important part of your garage door opener working properly and safely.
Q: What should I use to clean my door?
A: Any product with tri-sodium-phosphate (TSP), such as SoilaxTM or diluted Spic-n-Span. In areas where there are TSP restrictions, use a mild household cleaner. All products should first be tested on a small interior surface to ensure colorfastness.
Q: What do you recommend for painting my steel garage door?
A: Steel doors should be painted with a high-quality exterior latex (water-based) paint. The surface must be cleaned prior to application of paint to the steel (on new doors it just needs to be wiped down with a damp cloth and doors which have been installed for a while should be cleaned with a tri-sodium-phosphate (T.S.P.) based product [such as SoilaxTM or diluted Spic-n-Span] or a mild household cleaner). Doors do not require a coat of primer unless the finish has been damaged down to the silver galvanizing.
Q: Does my steel garage door require maintenance?
A: Clopay recommends the following maintenance be performed on an annual basis (please refer to the installation manual for a detailed description of the maintenance requirements):
• Clean door surface with a mild household detergent and rinse with clear water (best if done twice a year)
• Lubricate all moving parts of the door with light household oil (e.g. WD 40)
• Check for bent or loose hinges
• Check rollers for broken wheels, bent shafts or worn out bearings
• Check the door and track supports for loose or missing bolts, screws, etc. and tighten.
• Check the extension spring lift cables for proper operation (are they running properly in the pulleys, is the cable rubbing at the bottom bracket button location?)
• Check for bent track
Important: Do not attempt to make repairs on your garage door without proper instructions or the assistance of a qualified professional door technician. Do not attempt to do any repairs on a standard torsion spring assembly (which requires the use of winding bars for installation or adjustment).
Engineered for ultra-quiet performance, traffic efficiency and reliable smooth operation, LiftMaster’s Specialty Overhead Operators ensure that tenants can safely get in and out of the parking garage, no matter what.